Monday, October 1, 2012

Thing 23

Before I ever enter the Technology classroom I was always being informed about plagiarism. What I have always heard about plagiarism, a thousand times, is that it is against the law and how we should never sink down to the level of doing such a thing. I had no clue that some of the images that I had used for power points were not supposed to be used. I thought that if it was on Google then it had to be o.k. to use but during this class, I learned more about copyrighting and creative commons. I learned that there are some things that are o.k. for us to use because of creative commons but we have to do what the person that had created it ask for us to do to be able to use it. I will be able to use these resources in the classroom to teach my students about creative commons and how to go about finding pictures that they can use and tell which ones can and cannot be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment